Ok so I admit I hadn’t heard about this until Audra from Joy o Sphere nominated me for it, I was pretty excited to learn more about it!
The Liebster Award is given from bloggers to other bloggers who are up and coming and have up to 1,000 followers. Once you’ve been nominated for it you nominate other bloggers! There are a few other rules but they are easy and fun.
- Write 11 facts about yourself
- Answer the 11 questions your nominator asked you
- Nominate 11 more small blogs
- Give 11 questions to your nominees
11 Facts About Me:
- Crazy fact: I was once a stage manager and personal assistant for a local comedian!
- I love love love the smell of saw dust, sweet ferns and the thatch in Ireland.
- I have DIY ADHD I go from one project to the next in the matter of minutes!
- I often times will “wing it” in most things in life!
- I wake up with the sunrise every morning no matter how late I go to bed at night.
- Tulips and Lilacs are my favorite flowers.
- I only allow myself to read books while taking a bath otherwise I will finish a book in a day instead of doing other things like DIY projects!
- Clutter drives me nuts!
- I was in school to be a veterinarian but quit because the thought of owing over $100k in student loans creeped me out (another fun fact – I hate debt).
- I watch CSpan when I’m bored (for those not in the US it’s our congress/government in session debating/voting on bills/laws)
- I love old cars, my favorite is a 1972 Chevy Nova black with orange racing stripes!
- Rebecca at Sketchy Styles: Her sketches are amazing! I absolutely love the custom sketch she did for me!
- Melissa at Keep Calm & Decorate: Is such a sweet person with a blog full of crafts and DIY that you will love!
- Jenna at Rain on a Tin Roof: Amazing DIY’er love her recent nursery redo!
- Trisha D at Black and White Obsession: Has rockin style and a house renovation that’s fun to watch happening!
- Lilikoi Joy: Gorgeous home design and DIY’s, you have to check out her space!
- Sammi from Every Home is a Castle: You’ll find it all on Sammi’s blog, recipes, diy and crafts!!
- Danielle at Story Piece: Fun blog that has crafts, recipes and home decor!
- Jazmine at Frugality Gal: Awesome blog on how to save your pennies!!
- Victoria at Victoria Elizabeth Barnes: Blog about a Victorian home that is stunning!!
- Marie at Progression By Design: Blog with awesome design ideas!
- Just a Girl and Her Blog: Fun crafts, DIY projects and recipes!!
My answers to Audra’s questions:
- If you had a theme song, what would it be? Radioactive by Imagine Dragons
- Who or what inspired you to start blogging? I actually had a website where I kept track of my home improvements just for myself and family/friends, I switched to a blog out of it being far easier to update however I was doing this before I started following other bloggers, it was just a way to track my projects, when I decided I wanted to connect with other like minded DIY’ers the first blogs I started following were Emily at Decorchick and The Nester
- Gold or silver? Depends, jewelry silver, home decor is 50 – 50.
- What have you learned recently? How to change the oil in a car (didn’t actually do it nor do I think I will but a co-worker explained it to me this morning lol)
- Who is your favorite author? I have a few, Vince Flynn, Lisa Gardner & Lisa Scottoline
- What is your favorite cereal? I have a few for these too, frosted mini wheats, fruit loops & apple jacks
- Coffee or tea? Coffee
- What is your favorite season? Spring & Fall
- You can have a half-hour conversation with any fictional character. Who do you choose? Why? Mitch Rapp (from Vince Flynn books) why? Because he’s awesome?
- Pushpins or Dry-Erase markers? Push Pins
- What advice would you give someone who wants to start a blog? Depends are they doing it just as a hobby or do they want to make it more then that? If it’s just a hobby then have a blast, if it’s for more then that then join groups and learn as much as you can early on.
My questions to my nominations:
- Who is your favorite designer?
- What is your favorite home improvement/gardening/decor/real-estate etc type of show past or present?
- If you could live during any era which era would it be and why?
- What are you most afraid of in life?
- What projects scare you to take on? why?
- What project are you the most proud of that you’ve done?
- When you were a kid what did you want to be when you grew up?
- What is your favorite holiday?
- What was your favorite cartoon when you were growing up?
- Who are your 3 favorite big time bloggers?
- Facebook or Twitter?
4 comments for “Liebster Award!”