Last weekend I tested out Olympic Rescue It at my friend Paulina’s house. Rescue it is a wood and concrete resurfacer. The benefits of using Rescue It are:
- Locks down splinters and fills cracks up to ¼″
- Creates a barefoot friendly, finely textured, slip-resistant finish
- Provides waterproofing protection
This is the area we had to work with before we got started.
Day One: Prep Work – We started out clearing the space, sweeping the slab then we used Olympic Premium Deck Cleaner on the surface. Since I had already used their deck cleaner on my own wood deck I knew this step would be a breeze. You simply spray the product on, let it sit for 10 minutes then rinse it off! We let the concrete slab dry over night.
Day Two: On Sunday morning I went back to Paulina’s house to paint the slab using Rescue it. Once the product was mixed well we were able to start rolling it out. It took less than an hour to paint the surface!
I think this has been one of the easiest projects I have done to date. The hardest part of the whole project was clearing the space off before the prep could be done, it was that easy!
If you have a deck or concrete slab that needs resurfacing definitely look into using Olympic Rescue It! It just takes one weekend to give your space a whole new life!
I have some exciting news I’m giving away a Prep Kit that is sponsored by Olympic! What’s included in the giveaway?
Prep Kit Giveaway Components:
- One coupon redeemable for up to three (3) gallons Rescue It! And up to 2.5 gallons of Olympic Deck Cleaner
- One Lowe’s gift card valued at $25 suggested for use to purchase the following items: (1) Wooster Paint brush/roller/tray kit; (C) one (1) DAP Clear outdoor caulk; and (D) 3M brand sandpaper.