I’ve been waiting months to share this news with you guys! I’m so happy to finally be able to spill the beans! In December, I collaborated with Hometalk.com with the idea to give back to our local heroes (Fire, Police and Military Vets associations) in the form of a room makeover. With Hometalk on board we formed a new initiative we are calling Hometalk Heroes. I asked my friend and fellow blogger, Nina from Everyday Enchanting to help me do a room makeover at Fire Station 1 in Hudson, MA! I wanted to start an initiative like this because my father was in the Army and a Somerville, MA firefighter for over 30 years. He was my hero when I was growing up. I feel those who selflessly put their lives on the line for the rest of us on a daily basis should be recognized for their heroism. This is a small way for the community (and myself) to give their appreciation back. This pilot initiative in Hudson is the first of what we hope to be many Hometalk Heroes room makeovers.
Sneak peek of the room before:
Thanks to our generous sponsors we are able to acquire everything we need for this room makeover! Please like/follow our sponsors for making this room makeover possible! And if you’d like, leave them a comment on their social media pages letting them know #hometalkheroes sent you to them!
Our sponsors in alphabetical order are:
- Blinds.com – window treatments
- Bolts Garage – Home Theater equipment, TV & a surprise that is a secret until Reveal Day
- Dria from Dio Home Improvements – you can see what I am bringing to the room on social media soon
- Nina from Everyday Enchanting – you can see what she will be doing for the room on social media soon
- Global Furniture USA & Wayfair – leather recliners
- HomeGoods – accessories
- Hometalk – end tables
- Mohawk Home – area rugs
- National Builder Supply – lighting
- Sherwin-Williams – paint and painting supplies
The following bloggers (in alphabetical order) are sponsoring a new TV:
- Kate from Centsational Girl
- Jen from City Farmhouse
- Christy from Confessions of a Serial DIY’er
- Emily from Decorchick
- Roeshel from DIY Showoff
- Therese from Fresh Idea Studio
- Jessica from Four Generations One Roof
- Brittany from Pretty Handy Girl
- Jeanette from Snazzy Little Things
- KariAnne from Thistlewood Farms
- Meegan from What Meegan Makes.
- With the help of Bolts Garage (a local business in Hudson, MA) we were able to upgrade the new TV!
I’d also like to thank the Town of Hudson, MA for allowing us to come in to do this room makeover! The process was very interesting and fun for me; from meeting Chief John Blood, Lt. Judy Rice and the crews at the station to view the room, to attending the town meeting to see if the selectmen would approve this makeover. I was quite excited when the selectmen unanimously voted Yes on this!
Last but not least we want to thank the following Bloggers:
- Jessica from Four Generations One Roof – helping to put us in touch with sponsors and back end matters
- Jazmin from Frugality Gal – helping with writing, editing and back end matters
We want to invite you to follow along with us on social media and our blogs to watch the progress of this room, view graphics of products we will be using and guess which items will be used in the room and then finally to see the reveal on a live Google Hangout with Hometalk for this #HometalkHeroes initiative!
Catch us tomorrow on social media where we will be showing photos of painting the room and giving you a chance to guess which paint color we used in the room! You can follow along at:
Hometalk – Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Pinterest, Blog
Dio Home Improvements – Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Instagram, Pinterest, Blog
Everyday Enchanting – Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Instagram, Pinterest, Blog
We thought it would be fun to let you all guess which products will be going in the room over the next 9 days, follow us on social media to partake in “Guess The Product”. Find out if you guessed right on the reveal day! Each event below will take place on a separate day.
- Day 2 Guess the Paint – Sherwin-Williams (Feb 19th)
- Day 3 Guess the Chairs – Wayfair & Global Furniture USA (Feb 20)
- Day 4 Guess the Drapes – Blinds.com & a DIY Project by Dio Home Improvements & Everyday Enchanting(Feb 21)
- Day 5 Guess the Lamps – National Builder Supply (Feb 22)
- Day 6 Guess the Table – Hometalk (Feb 23)
- Day 7 Guess the Rug – Mohawk Home (Feb 24)
- Day 8 Guess the TV size – Bloggers (Feb 25)
- Day 9 Guess the Accessories – HomeGoods (Feb 26)
- Day 10 Room Reveal on the blogs & Hometalk Google Hangout (Feb 27)
If you would like to have a room at a Police Station, Fire Station or Vets Association considered for a makeover in Massachusetts please contact me at Contact@diohomeimprovements.com
Station 1 was built in the late 1800’s. The character of this building is amazing! So much detail and charm in the woodwork. You can read more about the Hudson Fire Department history here.